Sheep Re: [Sca-cooks] back to food was PETA

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jan 16 20:46:10 PST 2004

> To my knowledge, there has never been a concentrated effort to breed
> leaner sheep as there has been with hogs. Most efforts in the
> sheep-breeding arena were aimed at larger, more muscular animals, more
> robust animals, ewes that lamb prolifically (ie, twins) and easily), and
> traits that help with various ovine diseases and suchlike. Oh, and wool.
> :-)

What I read while scalping _Sheep and Man_ for someone else, and from old,
old memories, some breeds of sheep were bred to be better milkers than
others too.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens
can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
-- Margaret Mead