[Sca-cooks] hanging meat:::was PETA

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Sat Jan 17 03:28:13 PST 2004

Heleen Greenwald <heleen at ptdprolog.net> [2004.01.17] wrote:
> ps... OK.... recipe for blood sausage Philp?  Anyone?  And <question> would
> blood sausages be a delicacy for taste or more just to use up the blood and
> not be wasteful. (Well,.... everything is a matter of taste... so more
> acurately.  Does this recipe exist mainly not to waste the blood?

Years ago I posted a translation/redaction/whatever of the Malaches
recipie in Forme of Cury. Black pudding in various forms is very firmly
entrenched in Swedish traditional cuisine (not high cuisine party food,
but god solid everyday fare, good for a full days work), and today is
very common as a childrens favourite. Usually served with lingonberries.

I think that we are talking about twin utilities; waste-not-want-not
(starvation -- both short term and terminal -- was a real possibility
for most people during the middle ages), and the fact that you _can_
make good food out of it.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
"Don't think of it as being fired... think of it as leaving early to
avoid the rush." -- Thorfy (from the Netizen quotes file)