[Sca-cooks] Blodplättar

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Sat Jan 17 22:19:44 PST 2004

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius <adamantius at verizon.net> [2004.01.17] wrote:
> Unfortunately, in at least some language,
> blodplättar are apparently platelets, the cells
> which facilitate blood clotting, so a search for
> blodplättar got me a lot of medical literature.

Same word is used for both terms. My only question is where the pun
originated.

> http://www.geocities.com/canvaswriter/breakfastclub001.html
>
> Is that the stuff?

Of the same genera, at least. The recipie I was looking at goes:

Gudruns blodplättar

(4-6 servings)

150 ml rolled oats
150 ml milk
0.5 l blood
250 ml flour (white wheat or a sifted wheat/rye mix)
2 T beet syrup
1 t salt
2/3 t allspice
1 t majoram
butter or margarine

Mix the oats and the milk in a bowl. Stir in the blood and flour, adjust
flavour with the syrup. salt and spices. Allow to swell for 30
minutes.

Heat a skillet (or the special "plätt" skillet) with butter or margarine
on medium heat. Pour a thin layer of the batter for each crepe. Fly
slowly until the batter has almost thickened on the top side. Turn and
fry another minute.

Keep warm until ready to serve. Serve with lingonberries (i.e. a jam
made from lingonberries and sugar).
        (ICA-förlagets Stora Kokbok, 1989, p. 496)

I have never tried it, so I have no idea how it works. The once you
found was learly

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
I like Government Research incompetence much better than warmed over
corporate management pretending to be Academic incompetence.
                -- Booker C. Bense