Pig's head- was Re: [Sca-cooks] Blood Bread

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Sun Jan 18 11:02:27 PST 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 Etain1263 at aol.com wrote:

> > UlfR
> > > currently trying to decide what to do with a pigs head (split, brains
> > > removed)
> >

> Scrapple!   Boil it down, remove the meat and shred it, put back in the broth
> and add buckwheat (I don't have the proportions at hand).  Stir until
> thick..put in wet loaf pans.  When set, unmold, slice, fry and eat!  (with syrup, if
> you MUST! )
>
> Etain

Buckwheat?! Dad's family (PA, Lewisburg and environs) always used
cornmeal. Never had it with buckwheat. We always used buckwheat flour for
pancakes, but that's the only way I had it growing up. A pancake made from
buckwheat flour is an incredibly unappetizing brownish grey--but they
taste really good.

Great. Now I'm hungry, and not only do I not have anything remotely
similar to scrapple in the house, the diet wouldn't allow me to have it
anyway. Or, for that matter, buckwheat pancakes. *pout*

Margaret