[Sca-cooks] Coronets

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 18 11:17:22 PST 2004

>You might try checking out Drachenstein Treasures (www.dragonjewels.com).
>Master Lothar is an incredible craftsman who produces work that is
>documented as period.  I have a wonderful hinged baronial coronet that he
>made for me, and it's received lots of compliments!
>
>Kiri

Heh, Lothar used to never make hinged coronets until he saw mine. Then he
saw how cool it was, did some research and now makes them. Hinged coronets
are definately the way to go. They are so much more comfortable than solid.

A funny thing about my fancy dress coronet was that it was made to be my
baronial hat and then, before it was completed, I won Crown. So the artisan
updated it. They didn't have a coronet for me when I recieved the award so
I got a loaner for that evening. I got to wear a baronial coronet for a
grand
total of 4 hours as a baron.  :-)

Gunthar