[Sca-cooks] Coronets

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 18 12:07:14 PST 2004

Gunthar said:

Heh, Lothar used to never make hinged coronets until he saw mine. Then he
saw how cool it was, did some research and now makes them. Hinged coronets
are definately the way to go. They are so much more comfortable than solid.

Yeah...that's the cool thing about Lothar.  He's not adverse to new ideas.  At Pennsic he had hinged Baronial coronets with either Pelicans on each panel or Laurel wreaths.  I asked him to make me one with alternating Pelican and Laurel panels.  He grumbled about it...said he didn't think it would work, but he would give it a try.  When he called to tell me it was finished, he admitted that it really looked good!  I think my present to myself when I finally get a job is going to be a Pel-Laurel jewel...he said he'd make me one with an opal (my birthstone) set in it.

Kiri