[Sca-cooks] A couple of things....

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Sun Jan 18 17:51:15 PST 2004

Whew Yikes I am sorry that you had a rough time although I had noticed
that your name was not popping up as much on here as it had been.
More below

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:

> I'm sorry if I dropped off the map for a while at around the time we
> discussed this last; I had started out as merely killer busy and then
> ended up less busy and killer sick, followed by killer sick and a
> messed-up back. It meant a lot of time in bed, grumpy and in what some
> might call an inadequately cleaned apartment... Now I just have a
> messed-up back, which is veeeerrrrryyyyy ssssssslllloooowwwwlllyyy
> healing. Not-Being-Nineteen-Years-Old strikes again!

> >  is the weird juxtaposition of a cutting-edge urban setting with the
> ever-so-occasional atmosphere of a medieval marketplace. (Which
> reminds me, did you see the Egg Cake lady in Chinatown?).

Yes we did and we also saw one or two of the fabric areas although I
don't think that we saw the actual garment district...  I did like the
prices.

> Henckel? HENCKEL??? Harumph!

Yeah I know I will try one of your recommended knives one of these days.
  (Sorry I just can't bear to give anyone that good of an opening for a
one liner...) ((And trust me folks it is not an insecurity thing, it is
simply to easy...)) Besides there is such a better one to come...

> All right, I like Henckel knives, but I have to maintain my old
> allegiance to the ever-popular 10-inch Dick, even though Henckel is
> probably really a better knife for someone who knows how to use them...

I don't mind an allegiance to a knife but myself I don't mind branching
and if I ever get to try one I just saw a Dick I might like to have... a
12 Incher!!!! Hell I could slice something from across the room with
that bad boy!
See now THAT is a Good Line...

> Again, I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed yourself, and I'm sorry I
> missed it myself.

Yep the Dim Sum was great and I wish we had had time to look you up but
as it was, I think we blew off only one thing and that was because I had
heard that FAO Schwartz Toy Store would not be what I was expecting...
So we skipped it.  I got to see everything else though with some added
bonuses... It was very cool.
Folks if ever you venture out of your town for something other than
SCA... might I recommend asking this list for interesting sites to hit
and see.
Yes she is a really cool lady, I did not sample her Cakes though as I do
not eat eggs.  And the stores/restaurants have basements under the
sidewalks... The FRUIT in CHINATOWN though MY GOD!!!!!!!!!  I brought
home 2 HUGE and I mean HUGE!!!!!!! Asian Pear Apples for Katrina.  We
are talking the size of a Good bludger for those Harry Potter Fans or a
nice cantaloupe for everyone else... And very delicious.

Nichola