[Sca-cooks] sort of non food item

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Tue Jan 20 03:03:35 PST 2004

Also sprach Wanda:
>does anyone know where i can find the following cookbooks?
>dont know the names - one is Serving your fellow man, How to serve
>man or something like.  i know it exists because i've seen one.  it
>is recipes that "look" like you are serving human body parts but are
>just regular recipes.

I assume this is a nod to, or prop from, the Twilight Zone episode
called "To Serve Man", or the Damon Knight story on which it is
based. Or just something you'd wave around at conventions?

Would that Karl Wurf's "To Serve Man: A Cookbook for People"? If so,
bookfinder.com has links to several vendors selling it.

>   the other was published by some folks into the SCA and science
>fiction and had recipes in there by Rick Cook.  By the way, a sad
>note we lost Rick in November 03 in an automobile accident.  He will
>be and is sorely missed.

I can't find any trace of this one...

Adamantius