[Sca-cooks] lemon curd

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Tue Jan 20 10:21:33 PST 2004

Also sprach ekoogler1 at comcast.net:
>My lemon curd recipe calls for using both egg whites and egg
>yolks...and again, I have never had a problem with grainyness.
>
>Kiri
>Adamantius wrote:
>
>>  As for graininess,
>>  you might have gotten some egg white in there, or you might have
>  > heated it too quickly.

That's funny: I never have problems with graininess in my Hollandaise
sauce... ;-)

No, seriously, I checked a number of recipes and there seems to be
great variance between the proportions of yolks to white, with some
using all yolks, some using whole eggs, and some a combination. None,
as far as I know, use all whites.

It was just a speculative suggestion.

A.