[Sca-cooks] Arugula Help

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Tue Jan 20 16:52:17 PST 2004

Also sprach kattratt:
>Question for the green leafy folks out there. Is the Arugula in De
>Nola's Libre Del Coche, the same small head of the modern day
>version? If it is, why is it referred to as a "loaf"?
>Thanks in advance!
>Nichola

Um, I'm not aware of arugula forming a head. Is there any remote
chance you're thinking of radicchio? I make this mistake all the
time...

As for the "loaf" question, not having the source in front of me, it
still occurs to me that it _might_ be that some word akin to
"manchet" might be used, denoting a little sleeve, but also
resembling the word for a double-fist-sized loaf of bread. In other
words, a bunch. Or, if that's not the word or the logical process
being applied, not.

Adamantius