[Sca-cooks] Food Movies Revisited

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Tue Jan 20 18:20:06 PST 2004

Also sprach Christine Seelye-King:
>  >On the other hand, there's always the incredible
>1963 "Blood Feast"  <gore description snipped>
>
>Yes, but is there any actual *dining* in the movie?

Jeez, I have to sit through that thing AGAIN??? (Actually, most on
this list know this is actually one of the things I do for fun. And I
have yet to watch my copy of Lewis & Friedman's follow-up, "2000
Maniacs"...)

Actually, I don't remember if there's any actual dining. Some
catering talk, though, and the absolute classic line, when the
heroine's (truly, truly dumb as a box of rocks, as Joe Bob Briggs
used to say) mother realizes that her caterer has been interrupted by
macho police detective while in the act of murdering and mutilating
her daughter atop her own kitchen counter, sums it all up with, "Oh,
dear! I suppose we'll have to eat hamburgers!"

Adamantius