[Sca-cooks] OT: Coldness...was:It just doesn't seem right...

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Tue Jan 20 18:33:12 PST 2004

Olwen,

	Something I did one winter when they decided to replace the windows in my
office building (small, two story building built by the Luftwaffe during
WWII.  Had foot thick concrete walls and made me feel cold all the time).
When they yanked the windows out on a balmy 40 degree, rainy day the boss
said we could take the day off as long as we used annual leave.  Since I
didn't have leave to burn (saving for Next Pennsic and a trip to Spain) I
went out and bought a thin plastic painters drop cloth and tucked it in
loosely all around my desk and the chair rolling space.  Then I put my
little heater in the knee hole of the desk and the whole thing puffed out
like a balloon.  I sat there cozy warm, heating only the space I was working
in.

	Of course it was a bit chill to come out for bathroom breaks, and my
commander laughed, but I was warm and happy.  Since the heater was under the
desk there was no chance that the plastic could touch it.

Might work for those who are experiencing cold, but don't want to burn down
one end of the house to get the other mildly warm.

Regina