[Sca-cooks] Shepherd's Pie

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Jan 26 17:53:18 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/26/2004 8:45:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
phlip at 99main.com writes:

<<How do you folks make Shepherd's Piue?>>

Shepherd's pee-yew?  Probably with something that's gone bad...  ;-D

Shepherd's pie on the other hand...ground beef, browned with onions, seasoned
salt, lemon pepper, garlic, and some Worcestershire sauce, with some frozen
mixed veggies (the classic, corn, carrots, green beans, lima beans, etc) tossed
in to saute slightly as well.  Drain and put in the bottom of a casserole
dish.  Make mashed potatos with butter and milk, but pretty stiff.  Spread on
top, use a knife to make a round hole in the center of the "crust".  Put a little
butter and some shredded cheddar on top and bake just until the cheese starts
to brown.

Perfect weather for it right now - 5 inches of snow overnight, possible
snow/sleet/freezing rain tonight and tomorrow morning, and another 3-8 inches of
snow tomorrow into Wednesday morning.  And I don't think I have any ground beef
in the house :-(

Brangwayna