[Sca-cooks] Shepherd's Pie

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 27 08:36:19 PST 2004

Jessica Tiffin wrote:

> Here in Cape Town, I make cottage pie with ostrich mince, which is
> leaner, slightly darker and more flavourful than beef.

We get ostrich meat here too.  It's a bit expensive and pitched to the
low-fat slimming audience.  I find it a bit flavorless, but maybe it's
the breed of ostrich or some other un-knowable factors.

> We have heatwaves in Cape Town.  How's everyone's winter... ? :>

Rotten.  I have had actual ICE on my car for two out the last three
mornings.  Disgraceful!

Selene in Los Angeles