[Sca-cooks] Shepherd's Pie

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 27 12:05:09 PST 2004

No, no, no, Stefan.  The veggies aren't mixed in with the potatoes...it's more like someone made a very thick beef or lamb stew, omiting the chunks of potatoes usually found there.  The broth is more a gravy.  That's put into a dish, and the mashed potatoes are put on top, like a crust.  An Irish pub near where I used to work had the most wonderful Shepherd's pie...it would be so great to have some on a cold,winter's day like today.  If Phillip were coming home this evening, I might be inspired to try making one...but it's not really practical for just one.  Sigh.

Kiri