[Sca-cooks] The Atkins Schmaltz Diet

Aurore Gaudin aurore at hot.rr.com
Wed Jan 28 10:25:24 PST 2004

Folks, I just got this from my Jewish list.  As I read it, I could hear the
Yiddish spoken.  I grew up on most of this food.

I remember as a child, my bubbie  (grandma) once made cow brains as an
appetizer. My grandfather hated it, but ate it with a smile. He told me that
if his wife had gone to the  trouble of making the dish, he would eat it.

I just remembered that you can no longer get chicken feet (at the grocery or
kosher butcher - Maybe NYC???) and those yolk eggs that formed in the hen
but had no white with them yet. Ah the days!...

Phillipa

THE ATKINS SCHMALTZ DIET

**snip**
I don't know whether to be sick or die of laughter.  Aurore