[Sca-cooks]Mock Apple Pie? (was "Tuna Cassarole")(was:Shepherd'sPie)

chirhart_@netzero.net chirhart_1 at netzero.net
Wed Jan 28 23:28:06 PST 2004

I consider my self a competent cook,and yes I have tried it . I did not like
it. When I first brought up the subject it was not
but a comment,but knowing the list it sprouted a life of its own . Just the
thought of  counterfeit food turns some people
off,weather they have tried it or not .Mock Apple Pie is in that quaint food
place were its not a necessity,But a "I would like to try "  category for
some . Necessity is the Mother of invention . And yes there are some
medieval foods that are nasty,over spiced ,brown glop .That is why we try
the recipe's to weed out the ones not palatable. I on a personnel note like
when people tell why they like or dislike certain things .It has helped me
in that, I can now look at a recipe and pretty much  say if it will fly
or not . And it has been mentioned that the person "Cailte" did not try it
because  A: It did not sound good  and B: They had Apples ,And C: The ritz
crakers might have  cost more then the apples . Now if it were 1942 I might
be talking a different story.   Chirhart ( Man that Soap Box was taller then
I thought )Blackstar

Its all a matter of taste, and then there's the one "They don't have taste
in there Mouth" or" They don't know the difference between crap and apple
sauce and like both" or........