Food like/dislikes AND medieval bread WAS RE:[Sca-cooks]MockApple Pie?

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Thu Jan 29 08:21:26 PST 2004

sounds good that way, but since I have lived without okra all these years. I
can live a few more.  If ever I have the pleasure at dining at your table
(SPCA-Pennsic?), I shall willingly try your okra.

Angharad ferch Iorwerth; MKA Vicki Shaw
Barony Beyond the Mountain
East Kingdom
vhsjvs at gis.net

> Now okra, I can help with.  My first suggestion is to slice it crosswise,
about 1/4" slices, roll it in cornmeal and fry...it greatly resembles
popcorn.  If you need to cook it in, say, a soup or gumbo, cook everything
until it's done, turn off the heat and add the okra.  That way, it doesn't
get gummy.  I understand your dislike, however.  My dad used to call it
"slick willy"...and wouldn't touch it until my mother fixed it for him as
described above.

> Kiri
> > I guess you feel about eggplant  (poor dear abused vilified nightshade)
the