Food like/dislikes AND medieval bread WAS RE: [Sca-cooks]MockApple Pie?

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 29 07:38:44 PST 2004

Now okra, I can help with.  My first suggestion is to slice it crosswise, about 1/4" slices, roll it in cornmeal and fry...it greatly resembles popcorn.  If you need to cook it in, say, a soup or gumbo, cook everything until it's done, turn off the heat and add the okra.  That way, it doesn't get gummy.  I understand your dislike, however.  My dad used to call it "slick willy"...and wouldn't touch it until my mother fixed it for him as described above.

Kiri