[Sca-cooks] Re: splenda

The Hamburgs solstice at moscow.com
Thu Jan 29 21:28:26 PST 2004

On Thursday, January 29, 2004, at 07:16  PM,
sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org wrote:

> I'm giving a party and would like to provide dessert options for the
> diabetics there by using Splenda to replace sugar in some of the
> sweets.  But I've never baked with it before and am curious about how
> it reacts in baked goods.   Anyone experienced with this?

Splenda works terrifically! Tastes good. Better than other sweetners.
Sugar twin and the like tend to have more of a tinny aftertaste, and to
be a bit wonky on the measurements.

Splenda is a godsend. I have had it in several items, as our local
feastcrat is more than willing to experiment for those of us sugar
impaired.

-Dame Aleska