[Sca-cooks] Splenda

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 30 05:47:08 PST 2004

Where it is used strictly as a sweetner, I find using Splenda equal to one
half the quantity of sugar required produces the recipe to my taste. YMMV.

You get problems is some cases where the sugar provides a textural element
of the food.  Splenda doesn't seem to do as well as regular sugar.  That may
have to do with the three replaced hydrogen atoms or it may be that I
haven't found just the right technique.

Bear

>I'm giving a party and would like to provide dessert options for the
diabetics there by using Splenda to replace sugar in some of the sweets.
But I've never baked with it before and am curious about how it reacts in
baked goods.   Anyone experienced with this?