[Sca-cooks] Re: Beets (was Eggplant)

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 12:38:00 PST 2004

--- Johnna Holloway
<johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:
> Please note that not all
> sources today even credit
> Partridge with
> A good huswifes handmaide for the kitchin.

I didn't know that anyone _had_ credited
Partridge with this book.  I thought that his
book was "The Treasury of Commodious Conceits,
and Hidden Secrets : commonly called the Good
Huswives Closet of Provision, for the Health of
hir Housholde ...".  There are several editions
of this: 1584, 1596 and several in the 17th
century.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.