[Sca-cooks] periodoid vegetarian dish with the insides of eggplants?

vhsjvs at gis.net vhsjvs at gis.net
Fri Jan 30 17:09:03 PST 2004

Since I am a novice at period cooking, I cant say the right or wrong way
to prepare eggplant in Medieval way, but I can promise that if you bake
the eggplant first (stab a few times with fork) on a cookie tray until
it collapses and then slice it lengthwise and scrape away the flesh, it
will be far far tastier no matter what you are going to do with the
flesh after.  (baba ganoush, anyone?)
Angharad

----- Original Message Follows -----