[Sca-cooks] periodoid vegetarian dish with the insides of eggplants?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 30 17:31:43 PST 2004

Angharad wrote:
>do you want a recipe for pickled eggplant?  My Persian friend Farzaneh
>makes the best pickles!!!!

Doh! Of course !!! :-)

And the eggplant jam/preserves your Grandma made that you mentioned earlier!

The near-by Berkeley Bowl has at least 8 kinds of eggplants, from the
standard hefty dark purple globes to Indian, Chinese, Japanese,
Philipino, small round green ones to ping-pong ball sized round white
ones... and a few others i'm forgetting...

The Thais enjoy eating the tiny green and tiny white eggplants *raw*,
dipped in salt and chili paste... I haven't eaten them that way yet,
but it's on my list of things to try...

Anahita