[Sca-cooks] tasting boards and one oop comment

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jul 6 08:38:41 PDT 2004

Greetings! For the last six months, the revived East Kingdom Cooks Guild
has been doing tasting boards at different kingdom events. So far, they've
been excellent gathering and discussion points for cooks, and I believe
that they may be fulfilling their primary purpose as well: educating
people about period food. One feast-disliking laurel commented that while
she didn't like feast food, she does like what we produce for the tasting
boards. :)

I'm very proud of myself: I cooked millet (with chicken broth), a civey of
chicken, and a simple salat for the last one. We've had some excellent
other recipes make their appearences too.

And, on an OOP note, I just tried the new Caramel Apple Newton cookies,
and they are WONDERFUL.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"That road is paved with librarians,/Bushwhackers, scouts with string
Through the labyrinths of information,/Helpers who disappear the moment
You reach your destination." -- Julia Alvarez