[Sca-cooks] Re: ice cream without a maker

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 13:24:18 PDT 2004

Dear Phlip
     Try looking in some older cookbooks for directions.  I believe that you
can freeze the mix in a flat pan (they used to say 'ice cube tray; in the
Olden Days when such-like didn't have divisions, and you broke the cubes out with
this here lever-gadget).  After a couple of hours, scrape the stuff out into a
bowl and beat like hell.  Repeat this several times, then let it set
overnight to mellow.

If a more accurate description is desired, scream, and I'll consult Ye Olde
Settlement Cookbooke, or Ye Fannie Farmerette...
     Devra the Silly

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com