[Sca-cooks] Seville orange substitutions

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jul 11 21:01:16 PDT 2004

Kiri commented:
> I tried to get one of the local gourmet places
> to order some canned Seville juice, but after telling me they would,
> they never did! And I was counting on it for an event. Great...now, the
> next time I need the sour orange juice, I'll try blending in a little
> grapefruit juice.
Before you do this you might want to look at some of the other
suggestions and the comments on this and other possibilities. I know
we've discussed substitutions as well as sources for this on this list
and I know I have put  some of this in this file in the FOOD-FRUITS
section of the Florilegium:
fruit-citrus-msg  (58K)  6/12/04    Period citrus fruits. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/fruit-citrus-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas