[Sca-cooks] Seville orange substitutions

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 13 15:42:14 PDT 2004

I was blessed to have real Seville Orange juice available (courtesy
of Duquessa Dona Juana Isabella) when i cooked a Catalan recipe at
the Mediterranean Tour Feast a year and a half ago.

It tasted VERY much like orange juice mixed with grapefruit juice.
Additionally it was VERY sour, at least as sour as lemon juice and
possibly more so. So i'd mix the three - and less orange juice than
the other two.

At a previous German feast, in a sauce that required Seville Orange
juice and a lot of sugar, i used Seville Orange marmalade diluted and
strained.

Anahita