[Sca-cooks] Seville orange substitutions

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Jul 13 17:24:19 PDT 2004

A question:

Here in Ealdormere (Ottawa, Ontario), pop 1,000,000, we can usually find
Seville Oranges at produce stores (especially those owned by middle
eastern folk). It seems that Seville oranges either have an extremely
long harvest season, or there are several geographical areas that are on
slightly different harvest seasons. I'm sure I don't know. But it
strikes me as odd to think that they aren't readily available in the
States on a regular basis?

Maybe its just another one of those common-here, not-common-there, sort
of things. I know I have to get my best friend Freya to pick me up
G.O.P.'s when she's playing south of the border. They are truly a
hard-to-find item here in Caldrithig, not to mention Ealdormere.

As well, we are lucky to have many middle eastern stores so that opens
up a whole other market to tap into. Its amazing what you can get in
these types of stores.

Micaylah