[Sca-cooks] OT- looking for recipe for Bruise Cream

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 14 21:06:29 PDT 2004

Greetings everyone,

I got this request yesterday. I know this is a bit off-topic for this
list, but I'm not on any of the herbal lists. I believe we have
discussed this here before. At one time I believe I had the recipe for
this ointment. I may have lost it in last years disk crash and it isn't
in the Florilegium, probably because it is a modern item and not
period. The ants took a real liking to the ointment I made up, so I've
probably thrown that out as well. Anyeay, if you can help this lady,
please do and send me a copy. In giving me permission to post it here
or have it forwarded elsewhere if needed (Jadwiga?), she asked that any
replies be sent to her personal email which is lmagalimurph at yahoo.com
or to the viceroyalty in the Kingdom of Drachenwaldt.

Thanks,
   Stefan
(Royalty of Vice??? Could be an interesting position...:-) )

> Hello I found your e-mails on the web and am hoping you can help me to
> track down a recipe for bruise cream.  I use to have it but have lost
> it.  The only ingredients I know for sure to use is comfrey, beeswax
> and shortening.
>
> Can you help or refer me to someone who can help?
>
> Thank you!
> Linda Murphy
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas