[Sca-cooks] Book temptation

Terri Spencer taracook at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 13:46:52 PDT 2004

I've already spent my quarterly book allowance, but this might be of
interest to others on the list:

http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm/ID/17847/MID/7281/Location/DBBC/CFID/5051230/CFTOKEN/78256890

The Medieval Household
Egan, Geoff
This sixth volume in the series 'Medieval Finds from Excavations in
London' is concerned with objects about the house: fixtures and
fittings, furnishings, locks and keys, lighting equipment, tableware,
kitchen utensils, and items connected with writing, textiles, games,
etc. The book contains a huge range of material, all found in securely
dated deposits, accompanied by lots of superb drawings and photos and
good descriptions. This invaluable study is now reprinted at a special
price. 342p with illus (Medieval Finds from Excavations in London 6,
Museum of London, The Stationery Office 1998, rep 2004) ISBN
0112904904. Hardback. Publishers price US $100.00, DBBC Price US $49.98

Tara