[Sca-cooks] Is it an Egg or a Goose

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 15 21:31:26 PDT 2004

Sharon mentioned:
> If you want to know if an egg is still an egg without breaking the
> shell,
> you can hold it up to a light, called candling it.  Here's a website
> that
> shows some of the different things you might see.
> http://www.homestead.com/shilala/candling.html
Interesting. Now that you mention it, I think I've heard the term
before but never knew the details. Does anyone have any evidence of
whether this technique is period or not? It is certainly within
medieval technology.

Exploding eggs? Eeewww! Yuck.

Stefan
(not good ammo for feast catapults...:-) )
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com