[Sca-cooks] OOP, semi-OT : Alton Brown on Supersize Me

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Wed Jul 21 12:17:22 PDT 2004

I admit that I wouldn't even know who Alton Brown was if a friend of
mine wasn't a fanatic.  I don't watch any TV, let alone the Food
Channel, and don't idolize celebrity chefs.  But, I found this link on
another forum, and was impressed - by his opinion itself, and by his
personal way of writing (it sounds like any other blogger out there.)  I
haven't read the whole blog (got better things to do ;) ) but, the top
entry is the one that interested me.

http://www.altonbrown.com/pages/rants.html#109020650671280666

-Magdalena vander Brugghe

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

[T]o admit authorities, however heavily furred and gowned, into our libraries and let them tell us how to read, what to read, what value to place upon what we read, is to destroy the spirit of freedom which is the breath of those sanctuaries. -Virginia Woolf