[Sca-cooks] 1950s Spaghetti Casserole

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 23 14:01:36 PDT 2004

OK, so this is WAAAY off topic, way out of period,

My Grandma's Swedish cook used to make a moronically simple spaghetti
casserole... i can't quite remember it - i search the web and
everything i found had other ingredients, but this one was just

cooked spaghetti noodles
1 little can tomato paste

then i get foggy...

i think it also had
1 small can of tomato sauce (the hunts or del monte kind, made
without much more than tomatoes)

and i think it might have had
1 can condensed tomato soup (straight out of the can)

Mix the red stuff with the cooked noodles.
Butter a baking casserole dish.
Dump spaghetti into it and smooth out.

Bake (dunno the temperature - doesn't almost everything work at 350 F. :-)

It was not particularly wonderful hot out of the oven, but put it
covered in the fridge and the next day it was great.

Cut a slab and fry in lots of butter...

Definitely something not on the Atkins and South Beach Diets.

Does anyone remember this? I'd like to fill in the missing details.

Anahita