[Sca-cooks] 1950s Spaghetti Casserole

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 23 14:29:54 PDT 2004

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> <much snippage>

> It was not particularly wonderful hot out of the oven, but put it
> covered in the fridge and the next day it was great.
>
> Cut a slab and fry in lots of butter...
>
> Definitely something not on the Atkins and South Beach Diets.
>
> Does anyone remember this? I'd like to fill in the missing details.
>
> Anahita

I am not familiar with this recipe, but another one that's awfully good
sliced and fried in butter is what my mom used to do:

Cook macaroni noodles to just this side of done.
Layer noodles, sharp cheddar cheese and butter in a casserole dish,
making the last layer cheese and butter.
Mix a couple of eggs, enough milk to make the mixture fill the pan. Add
salt and pepper to taste and whisk together.
Pour over the macaroni and bake at 350 for about an hour.

It's very good eaten hot out of the oven, but makes a dynamite breakfast
sliced and fried...again, definitely not South Beach or Atkins...but
VERY good!

Kiri

--
Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.