[Sca-cooks] was 1950s Spaghetti Casserole, now Macaroni & Cheese Casserole

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 15:32:57 PDT 2004

Thanks, Kiri!  My 90+ year old grandmother used to make this one.  Sometimes she substituted canned corned & omitted the cheese.  It was tasty, too.  (When I do the corn one I had 1 can creamed, 1 can regular or frozen corn.  Tried fresh, didn't get it somehow.  Perhaps the corn should be cooked first.)

Samrah
I am not familiar with this recipe, but another one that's awfully good
sliced and fried in butter is what my mom used to do:

Cook macaroni noodles to just this side of done.
Layer noodles, sharp cheddar cheese and butter in a casserole dish,
making the last layer cheese and butter.
Mix a couple of eggs, enough milk to make the mixture fill the pan. Add
salt and pepper to taste and whisk together.
Pour over the macaroni and bake at 350 for about an hour.