[Sca-cooks] OOP: Another passing

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 26 10:05:31 PDT 2004

Food columnist and cookbook author Myra Waldo, who introduced the
average US cookbook reader to worldwide cuisines in her ROUND THE WORLD
COOKBOOK and many other more specialized volumes. She passed away in her
sleep last night, after no particular suffering, at the age of
80-something, I guess?

Sweet lady, another unrelated "auntie" and one of my last links to my
late lamented Aunt Evelyn, who passed away two years ago now.  She had
been encouraging me lately to write and publish cookbooks when she heard
that I was interested in following in her footsteps.

She wanted to come to my 200412th Night Banquet, then I got fired from
that.  I promised her, another time, thinking foolishly that there would
be one.

I guess I really need to go out and sell some of my food writing now.

Selene