[Sca-cooks] Re: Sample Class List for MK Cook's Symposium 2004

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 27 22:54:33 PDT 2004

Iasmin replied to me with:
> In reference to the classes people have proposed to date for the MK
> Cook's Symposium this December 2004, Stefan writes:
> > If your teachers are going to write class handouts fr these classes,
> > I'd love to consider these for the Florilegium. They can always
> replace
> > them later with more polished articles if they wish. And I can handle
> > photographs and diagrams if they have permission to use them.
> > Too bad that this symposium is too far away for me to attend.
>
> Well, as I mentioned before, I'd be more than happy to add a handout to
> the teacher check-in packets that we give to instructors for the event.
Oops. Yes, you did mention that before. Please accept my apologies.
Yes, I would be glad to write something up. Do you have any idea about
when I need to get this to you? I've got Pennsic coming up and trying
to get ready for it right now.

I will probably ask for such articles/class handouts to be sent to me
electronically. I've still got the class handouts from several Pennsics
ago. The person who was originally going to get them online, didn't but
I haven't done much better, getting only a few into the Florilegium.
Part of the problem is only having paper copies, which take more time
and are more subject to error when scanned, permission problems and my
own procrastination. Hopefully some of the latter problems can be
solved in getting the right info up front.

There is also the wonderful pamphlet of articles put out for the 30th
Year Celebration. I only have a paper copy, but worse, the only contact
info given was the author's persona name. Not even their kingdom. There
are some really good articles in that pamphlet, but I suspect less than
a couple of thousand folks are even aware of the pamphlet. I've been
planning on trying to locate some of the authors, but I suspect the
kingdom mail lists are going to not like it if I start bombarding them
with requests for contact info for these people. Right now, since I've
moved, I've also got to find the pamphlet again.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com