[Sca-cooks] Meep! Needing quick beef pastry recipe!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 27 22:09:13 PDT 2004

Marion asked:

Anyone have a quick & easy beef pastry recipe they can send me?
<<<

You've probably already gotten a number of replies to this, but you can
also find a number of period recipes for meat pastries in this file in
the FOOD-MEATS section of the Florilegium:
meat-pies-msg    (130K)  5/ 7/01    Period meat pies. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/meat-pies-msg.html

In just a quick look I see period recipes for pies with veal, pork,
various types of fish and I think, various birds.

For those interested in fish pies, you might also look at this file:
fish-pies-msg     (11K)  5/ 3/01    Period fish pies. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/fish-pies-msg.html

You can also find some helpful hints on making pie crusts in this file
in the FOOD section:
pies-msg          (57K)  7/26/02    Period pie crusts, meat and fruit
pies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/pies-msg.html

Stefan
--------