[Sca-cooks] Re: Iron Chef Milk cheese

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 6 21:59:08 PDT 2004

Vitha commented:
> Nope. It was the chines Iron Chef that did the dish.   Mixed hot milk
> and
> vinegar, strained it through cheesecloth, and chilled it.  Then he
> fried it
> and served it with a spicey red sauce.  Simple, pretty and kind of
> cool.
Rather interesting. And probably not that complicated to do. A
contrasting combination of lightly colored, firm bland creamy cheese
and, depending upon what sort of red sauce, a darker colored, chunky,
spicy sauce. Do you know what kind of "spicy, red sauce" he used?

Sounds like an interesting appetizer dish.

Anything like this in the medieval recipes? While a tomato based red
sauce would be out, I can think of several alternatives.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com