[Sca-cooks] Hello! I'm going off-list for a bit...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 7 00:02:47 PDT 2004

Drakey replied to me with:
> > I'm currently  working with a group of Motorola/Freescale engineers
> > in, I believe, Adelaide on my current project. In the
> > unlikely chance that they ship me down there for awhile, at
> > least I know there's an SCA group there.
>
> If you do end up going there then I'd be happy to put you up/show you
> around.  Adelaide has some of Australia's best wineries and fantastic
> local produce.  It's a foodies paradise...
Thank you. That sounds lovely. In fact, I've had several Aussies make
similar offers in the past and I'd love to do it sometime. The catch
is @##$$% airline fare. Awk! Let's see... Two trips to Europe with real
medieval things like castles. Or one to Australia... I still haven't
made it to Europe.  But in this case the company would be paying for
the tickets (and a nice hotel). But such trips usually have a lot of
overtime and not much free time. But we will see. Our Australian
engineer leaves tomorrow after being here for a month.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com