[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-coks] jellied milk

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 7 06:22:55 PDT 2004

>Mistress Cynara mentioned:
>>My apprentice Naomi served this a number of years ago at a small feast
>>here
>>in Caer Mear, I believe between courses as part of a platter of dried
>>fruit
>>and nuts. The people who tried it seemed to like it, but IIRC some folks
>>were scared off by it's dead-white appearance.
>So, how  was this served? I assume you are saying it was served seperately
>from the dried fruit and the nuts, they weren't mixed together. There
>doesn't seem to be anything to put a slice on and eat it. Or was it more
>scoopable than sliceable? Maybe it is expected to be eaten like a pudding?
>Hmmm. Or I guess you could serve it in a bowl and top it with the dried
>fruits and nuts?
>
>Stefan
>--------

Stefan, I will endevor to make some at Pennsic so you can give it a try.
What flavor do you like?  OK, let's narrow that wide open question down a
bit... Vanilla, rosewater, orange blossom water, something along those
lines.  You are there for both weeks, yes?  Or at least the last part of the
first week?  Let me know.  It would be easier to do this on the first week
as we will have more room in the chiller.  (oh, think jello jiggler texture)
Olwen