[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-coks] jellied milk

Linda Peterson mirhaxa at morktorn.com
Wed Jul 7 09:11:31 PDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Stefan li Rous wrote:
> So, how  was this served? I assume you are saying it was served
> seperately from the dried fruit and the nuts, they weren't mixed
> together. There doesn't seem to be anything to put a slice on and eat
> it. Or was it more scoopable than sliceable? Maybe it is expected to be
> eaten like a pudding? Hmmm. Or I guess you could serve it in a bowl and
> top it with the dried fruits and nuts?

This often appears in our plethora of Chinese buffet restaurants around
here, in an almond flavor. I think it's made with agar rather than
gelatine as it has an interesting bite, if you can imagine sort of crunchy
but not grainy jello. A friend refers to it from her childhood as Jergin's
Jello, after the almond scented hand lotion.

Mirhaxa
  mirhaxa at morktorn.com