[Sca-cooks] Re: Good scotch

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 8 08:39:00 PDT 2004

>> If you prefer a sweet (as it were) Scotch that is rather honey-mead
>> like,
>> Knockado is very tasty. Oddly, it is aged differently than most
>> Scotches -
>> they have tasters who test for a particular flavour (and all that other
>> stuff) and when it matches "type", they bottle it. So Knockado can be as
>> young as 11 years and as old as 16, depending on the aging necessary to
>> achieve perfection.
>

> My lady and I both like Knockando the best.  Unfortunately, a couple
> of years ago it was dropped from the distributor lists here in Ohio
> and is no longer as easy to find.
>
> - Doc

My favorite source for whiskey, Wine & Liquor Depot, has Knockando from
12 to 21 years old, prices ranging from an almost reasonable USD$32.95
to USD$147.95.   This place has probably the best selection of Single
Malt Scotches west of the Mississippi if not all North America, and
comparable selections of Tequilas and Cordials.  Besides it's
practically around the corner from my house.  Wheee!  Going there to
look at the myriad different bottles is a whole afternoon of
entertainment by itself.  But they also do mail order so check out their
website.  <www.wineandliquordepot.com>

Selene Colfox