[Sca-cooks] Selene and Kiri's Dreaded Chocolate Mousse

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 13 19:42:49 PDT 2004

To make my version, you simply substitute equal parts of Splenda for the sugar...actually I used a little less, maybe 1/4 cup less.  Other than that, everything's the same.

The version of Selene's recipe I have said that you could use vanilla or other flavorings in it.  I used raspberry as I'm VERY fond of the chocolate/raspberry combo.  I suspect orange would be excellent as well, not to mention a flavoring I discovered while making Christmas stuff...fiori di Sicilia...flowers of Sicily.  Think vanilla with a dash of citrus...yummy!!!

Yes, you really do need a mixer.  The secret to this mousse is beating the mxiture for five minutes after the addition of each egg.  And doing this with an egg beater would simply be exhausting!!!

Hope this helps!

Kiri