[Sca-cooks] Selene and Kiri's Dreaded Chocolate Mousse

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at freescale.com
Tue Jul 13 16:09:05 PDT 2004

Kiri replied to me with:

No, this and mousse aren't even close. A mousse is more like a dessert <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

that's made mostly with eggs, butter and sugar that has the "bejesus"

whipped out of it to make it light and fluffy...it's frequently similar

in texture to whipped cream, only a little heavier. If you haven't tried

Selene's Dreaded Chocolate Mousse, you're missing one of the great joys

of life.

<<<<

No, I haven't tried making this.

By the way, Selene, I made it for our 4th of July party,

completely low carb. I used Splenda for the sugar and rasberry extract

(Boyjian...so it was very high quality stuff),

<<<<

Since I should watch the sugar, I probably should try your version.

So...Recipe please?

Is the raspberry in the original (Selene's) recipe or something you've added? Is it necessary?

Do I need a mixer to make this? Or can it be made without one, as I still don't have one? Perhaps with an egg beater?

and no one could tell

that I hadn't made it the regular way. It wasn't really low fat as I did

use real butter...I was afraid to substitute that. Maybe somewhere down

the line, I'll try using part Smart Balance and part butter. But good stuff!

<<<

Stefan