[Sca-cooks] Cook's Symposium 2004 - Ideas to Comment On

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 14 07:10:41 PDT 2004

Dear Lady,
Firstly, let me congratulate you on having the energy, patience and courage to autocrat such an event.  You have my deep admiration.  I know how daunting something like this can be...having autocrated a Known World Herald's Symposium some years back!

Secondly, I think your ideas are grand.  We have had the lending library concept at our Kingdom universities for several years, and it has been a great success.  I am planning, at this point, to come to the Symposium and will bring whatever books I can to contribute.  So that I don't try to bring books that others might already be bringing, I will try to provide you with a list of what I have and you can, if you will, let me know which I should bring.  I'll try to get the list off to you as soon as I can.

Purchasing the spices is also a good idea.  Have you considered contacting the Pepperer's Guild to find out if some of them, possibly located in the western areas of the EK might not consider coming and bringing their wares?  Fortunately I have an apprentice who will be shopping for me this year as I won't be making the trip to Pennsic.

I also think that any trips to merchants who might have things we might be interested in would be a good idea as well.  You know...if this thing keeps growing, you might have to expand over into a second day!

I wish you the best ofluck and look forward to seeing you then.

Kiri