[Sca-cooks] greengage plums

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Jul 14 08:47:39 PDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, David Friedman wrote:

> >While at the grocery store the other day, I noticed that they had
> >greengage plums and I got all excited and bought some. And now, true to
> >form, I have no idea what to do with them.
> >
> >Does anybody have any ideas?
> >
> >Margaret
>
> Eat them--they're yummy.
>
> They should still be in season by Pennsic--at least, ours generally
> come ripe when we are gone on our Pennsic trip--so bring them if you
> are coming. They are supposed to be period or close.
> --
> David Friedman

I was more looking for something cooked. Something along the lines of
"I've made X from Y with plums and it was really good" or similar. There
is a scarcity of plum recipes in my period cookery library, and I don't
remember the family's traditional plum kuchen being made with greengages
(nor do I have the recipe, darn it all).

Margaret