[Sca-cooks] greengage plums

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at freescale.com
Wed Jul 14 09:41:17 PDT 2004

Margaret said:

I was more looking for something cooked. Something along the lines of
"I've made X from Y with plums and it was really good" or similar. There
is a scarcity of plum recipes in my period cookery library, and I don't
remember the family's traditional plum kuchen being made with greengages
(nor do I have the recipe, darn it all).
<<<
Well, there are some period plum recipes in this Florilegium file, but nothing on *greengage* plums. How do greengage plums differ from other plums?
plums-msg         (24K)  2/ 6/04    Period plums and plum recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/plums-msg.html

Stefan