[Sca-cooks] tart crust question

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 14 15:32:49 PDT 2004

Wrong time and place for a bagel.  I would say it is a small loaf of manchet
quality bread in a shape the French refer to as a galette (small cake).
Galettes with fruit baked into them are common for special occasions.  In
this case, the slight green and yellow coloration along the edge give the
appearance that the loaf has been cut and filled with something.  This could
be a problem with the image as it appears on the screen, so a high quality
photo reproduction or a look at the original would tell us more.

The loaf is also similar to bake brie.

Bear